Anelka contract with Chelsea will expire in the summer of next year

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Anelka contract with Chelsea will expire in the summer of next year


Anelka contract with Chelsea will expire in the summer of next year. Whether he will stay or move to another club? French striker has not made ​​a decision.

Since joining the Blues in 2008, Anelka has scored 59 goals in 169 games in all competitions. He also helped the West London club to win a league trophy, two FA Cups and one Community Shield.

With age was nearly 33 years, the role of Anelka in the field has begun to diminish. He's played more as a substitute.

Former Arsenal, Manchester City and Real Madrid claim to be happy with his present condition. But, when asked about the future, he also has not given a straight answer.

Anelka turns 33 in March and his future at Chelsea looked under threat when former boss Carlo Ancelotti was sacked at the end of last season.

Former France striker Anelka, who has impressed under Villas-Boas, told said: 'I am linked everywhere but, when you are linked, it doesn't mean you want to leave.

'I like Chelsea and first of all wanted to stay - that's why I am still here.

'I will see what happens in December and, if I am still here, I will see what happens in June.

'I am happy here, I like the club, everyone here, and, after, I will see what happens. It is not only down to me.
Loading....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google PageRank Checker Powered by  MyPagerank.Net